CLEAVERS

CLEAVERS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our First Christmas Tree




Last year, we had a tiny apartment with slanted walls, not very ideal for anything other than a table top Christmas tree.  Not that I'm bashing my old apartment, cause I'm not!  It was a PERFECT first apartment.  But this year, since we'll be spending the entirety of the holiday season here in Alaska by ourselves, we had absolutely no reason to not get a Christmas tree.  So, in keeping with Allsop family tradition, we got and decorated our tree the day after Thanksgiving.  It's the first time I've had a real tree for Christmas in years, and it has been so fun.  I'm especially excited to go shopping for ornaments AFTER Christmas for next year's tree!  We've had fun putting presents under our own tree and sitting by the lights at night.  Even though it will be strange to not spend the holidays with one of our families, we are kind of excited about spending Christmas with just the two of us.

4 comments:

John and Katie Adams said...

Yeah! I love Pictures :) IT LOOKS Amazing! Miss you guys :(

Drake said...

The tree looks great! How fun! Would you believe it if I said I was jealous? I think you guys will have a great Christmas. You really look like a family in that picture.

The Patton's said...

YOU GUYS ARE SOOO CUTE I LOVE THE TREE! IT LOOKS LIKE OURS!

Unknown said...

derek looks so happy. hahahaha.
your hair looks GORGEOUS!