Ever since we've moved to Alaska, we've been told that if we were going to stay sane during the winters, we needed a winter time hobby or activity. For everyone who knows me, my idea of a winter activity is sitting inside and reading. And, aparently, staying inside will drive you crazy, because then you literally won't see the sun all winter. So, for the last month, we've used our weekends to try new winter sports. Again, if you know me, you know I hate winter sports. I can manage sledding once a year, and that's about it. And I grew up in Utah. We've now gone snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Both have actually been fun. Snowshoeing kicks snow up my legs, which then melts and goes down my socks, so I don't think it'll be my number one choice. Cross-country skiing however has actually been really fun. We are ridiculously slow compared to all the local pros, but time can help that out a bit. Anyway, it's been fun to be enjoying the snow for the first winter in my life!
3 comments:
You guys are supper brave. Good job embracing the snow. I would probably just complain everyday. But we don't get snow here, so I am actually a little envious!!
That's so cool Alyx! I didn't know that you were trying all these cool sports. I've always wanted to do more sports in the winter. This year I want to try snoboarding or skiing.
-Judd
Oh, I just so proud of you! Great posts, I'm just so glad that we have blogs to read about each other's lives. I love seeing pictures.
Post a Comment