I know it's been a while, but I have a some what decent excuse...both of our cameras are broken. I'm dying, I haven't been able to get as many pictures as I'd like. We still have our camcorder, which is awesome, but I like having stills too.
But, regardless of my camera not working, lots has happened in the last month. (I just have no proof) In September we went to Utah. It was a MUCH needed and wanted trip, and way past due! Smith and I flew down for a week, and then Derek joined us for the second week. When I only get to go home once a year, one week just won't cut it! Smith was the PERFECT baby on the flight down. First, we had a 7 hour flight to Dallas, and we sat by a bunch of grandparents coming home from an Alaskan cruise, and they were all sooooo nice to me. I never had to worry about lifting any of my bags, or reaching for things out of my diaper bag in the middle of the flight. Grandparents are officially the best seat neighbors on a plane. And on top of that, Smith slept the ENTIRE flight. My only complaint was that my arm got tired! He was amazing. We then had a 5 hour layover in Texas, and this was the middle of the night now, but since Smith had slept so well, we just walked around with the stroller, ate, and walked some more. Again, perfect. Then we had a 3 hour flight up to Salt Lake and, wait for it....he slept the ENTIRE thing again! I was so worried about flying down without Derek, but I had worried for nothing. Note to flying mothers, fly at night!!! It's hard to stay awake for mom, but soooo worth it to have a sleeping baby!
Our Utah trip was so awesome. I was so excited for everyone to finally meet Smith! Oh, and a little side note to all the other older siblings out there: when I think about going home, I still imagine it will lots of people, all my bros and sisters there. It was SO STRANGE to go home and have only Mykal and Judd there. Setting the table for 5 instead of 8 felt so funny! I guess younger siblings have to grow up too. Awesome trip. Got to hit my crafty max for the year with mom, speedmitten with Mykal and Judd, Cafe Rio trips, shopping with the kids and lots and lots of just watching Smith in the family room.
The best was the weekend when Maddi and Draker came home, so everyone was home, except Clark (missionaries don't get weekend getaways I guess!). We had such a great time. Someone asked us is we had any fun plans for the weekend, and Mom and I thought about it, and we really didn't! The fun was all in just having everyone home! Here are some of our pictures from that weekend.
(All the glasses in my family make it awful hard to get a good picture!)
The other awesome part of our trip was going to REXBURG!!! I know there are the many Rexburg haters of the world who vow to never return once they "finally" get out.....but I am not one of them. I love Rexburg and I adored my time there and I hope to end up in a small town similar to it whenever my little family gets the chance to settle down. We got to go see our baby Jo's site.
My little sister had gone and cleaned her stone off so it was all nice, clean and shiny when Derek, Smith and I went to visit. We took some little pumpkins out for a taste of the season.
And we got to visit some of our FAVORITE people in the world!
Katie (and John and Madysen). It was so fun to see Katie and to FINALLY get to meet her
not-so-baby-anymore baby. Mady was sooo cute and we had such a good time staying with them. Too short of a visit.
And Kellie!! As always, it's lovely to see Kellie. I have a feeling she won't be happy about this picture choice....sorry friend! I'm so grateful my friends made the efforts to make time to see me while I was there. I have GREAT friends.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. The flight home went beautifully, both our flights had gobs of empty seats, so we had tons of room and were given tons of snacks!
Other news, it's COLD here in anchorage. A freezing 26 degrees this morning. But is has been pretty lately. And I'll take the snow-less cold for a month or so. The weather is just making me crave all the warm carb-infused treats that scream Autumn to me.
Smith is doing so well. It took a while to get him back on track after our trip. But we are back to 2-3 naps a day and 8-11 hours at night. I know, I'm spoiled. He can roll over now, but not on purpose. And he's a laughing machine!!!


8 comments:
SO fun, Alyx! I always like to see pics. Your siblings are cute! And yes, glasses do make for difficult pics. Do you have glasses or contacts? How is your workout going this week?
contrary to popular/your belief, i love that picture of us! and i'm so so glad i got to see you!!
I loved seeing pictures of your family. I miss them.
Smith looks especially happy in that picture with Uncle Drake. I bet he's a great uncle. He was so cute and fun with my girls when he came to our house one evening during his California training this summer.
Good luck enduring the freezing winter. I don't know how you do it.
Alyx! I found your blog on Becca's. This is your cousin Kristin by the way! Smith is adorable! So fun to see pictures of your cute little family. And I love the one of your parents holding the first grandbaby! So sweet. Next time you have a long layover in Dallas give me a call I'll come rescue you!
Belinda and I love Rexburg too. Definitely not haters. Glad you had an awesome trip. We're looking forward to my parents coming out here to Tennessee in December. Hope you guys are doing well. Glad you have you cameras again, I enjoy your posts!
I came to add a comment, but Daniel took the words right out of my mouth. I miss Rexburg so much. I wish we could go back. I even miss the long winters (thought I would never say that), but the summers in Memphis are so yucky. Anyway, with the glasses situation, next time, ask for an anti-glare coating. Not very costly, and helps with pictures, as well as people being able to see your eyes instead of their own reflection in your glasses. Anyway, glad to see how much fun you're all having!!
I'm glad you got to make a trip to Utah to spend some time with your family and Idaho too. I'm glad Smith traveled so well for you!
Alyx that was such a good narrative!!! You have a good way of writing and explaining that makes it easy to understand that you really had a good time on your vacation. I'm so glad you did also. love you Grandma S.
Post a Comment