I know I haven't blogged in a while, but we just haven't done anything lately that seemed deserving of it's own blog. But, there are a few things that are new and exciting (at least to us) these days.
1. We now have light from around 6:30 in the morning, to a little after 9:00 at night. And I love it. I can't decide what I like better about spring- the warmer weather or increasing light. It's not all that much warmer yet, in the 40's, but it's enough to melt some snow. Only problem is that there is SOOOO much leftover snow to melt I'm afraid it will take all of April to get rid of it all.
2. We started our pre-garden garden. Our landlords are letting us use some of their garden space this spring/summer, but since we are in Alaska, you have to give your garden a headstart indoors. We here that they can go outside around Memorial weekend. Almost everything is still alive, so we are feeling pretty sucessful.
3. Derek's co-workers threw us a baby shower and we got some really nice and cute gifts! We're going to have one well dressed baby!
4. I'm over 33 weeks! This whole time we've been shooting for 34 weeks, so we're pretty excited. Everything has been going really well and we're awfully close now and I've got the belly to prove it!
9 comments:
you look so good!!!! i'm so excited for you both!
Wow, that is so cool that you guys are starting a garden. It's billiant. I think that by the time I get my garden started, I'll have wrinkles. We are so excited at how well you are doing. When we heard that you were on bed rest a while back, we have kept you in our prayers. Well, don't forget to keep updating your blog!!
I'm so glad someone threw you a shower, you look great Alyx! your Beautiful Babe will be here soon enough. i had a dream the other day that he ahd Blonde Hair and Blue eyes. I will love him either way!
Alyx, you look darling. I am impressed that you followed the doctor's orders and now you have a big belly to show for all of your hard work (or lack thereof)!
Hey, I found your blog and am SO EXCITED for you guys. Are you having a boy? We're pregnant with a little girl, 28 weeks. Hope all is well.
-Stacie (Henderson) Schaat
Sis, what a fun post to read. Thanks for the updates and the pictures!
Ally I have checked your blog site a few times and nothing new but alas here is a new blog and so informative. I am so happy for you and Derek. You look good and it is so nice to see you so pregnant. Keep up the good work. Remember us southern states folks are only going to see you and the babe through your blog. love you lots Grandma Smiley
Its about time another post popped up.... nice loot ya got there. I'll be sending some stuff to add to it soon. Love ya lots
You are doing great with the starts you have for your garden. I am so glad they gave you a baby shower. You look beautiful!
Post a Comment