In September, Derek took a job in Anchorage, Alaska. As much as we both love Rexburg, this big change was a welcome oppurtunity. After some research, we decided the most cost efficient, if not the most comfortable, way of getting to our new home would be spending the 2800 miles on the road. Unfortunately, both of our clunker cars had to go. Within three hours of posting our cars for sale on Craigslist, they were both sold, ( a sad good-bye, I already miss my little blue car). And days later, we had purchased a Tahoe. A much more appropriate ride for the North. Luckily, our Rexburg apartment was furnished, so we had never collected many large items, and almost all of our things were packed in our Tahoe for the move. Tight quarters, but we didn't have to rent any traveling gear.
Finally, we pulled into Anchorage after driving through the night at about 9:00 AM. I was very surprised by the city. It was much larger then I had anticipated. By now, I'm getting used to the city's half-grid system and can get along without a map. We've found a couple of places that we really like, and are expecially excited to see next spring. In the picture below, we're on the coast outside of the airport. The city is beautiful. Coast on one side and stunning mountains on the other.
Derek is really liking his job working with the therapists at Providence Hospital. And I found a job nannying an 8 month old, which I am enjoying. Keep checking, sometime this week, I'll post some stuff about our new apartment.
8 comments:
Wow that actually sounds like fun! and it looks beautiful up North! glad to see you updated and look forward to seeing the Apartment. get lots of pics of the town i would love to see what it looks like...love you and thanks again...
You actually make the drive sound like a vacation. Your pictures are beautiful! I've heard so many wonderful things about Alaska. I hope you guys like it!
WOw it looks beautiful there! I've always wanted to go up to alaska. I'm glad Derek likes his job. Im excited to see more pictures!!
Wow congratulations on your big move! I'm so glad you guys updated. Good luck with Alaska! (Your parents are probably missing you terribly)
yeah you posted! didn't you just love cardston :)Love the post and miss you two.
Sounds like living in Alaska will be quite an adventure. I really enjoyed seeing your pictures.
Great pics...sorry about you grandpa Alyx..Love Ya lots
Ally what a good picture trip thanks for sharing. I just found your blog on Danna's so will be checking in often. love you Grandma
Post a Comment